Can you make things happen? Can you implement projects that will affect just about every aspect of a company’s operations? If you can, then this role is for you.
At Cerillion we are currently looking for a new Project Manager to join in the delivery of our world-class CRM, Charging, Billing, Mediation, Provisioning, and Interconnect solutions and liaise with customers, system implementers, business managers and our development teams.
This role will include:
- Ensuring the successful delivery of fixed priced end to end projects and implementations to time, specification and budget whilst maintaining that they are of the highest quality.
- Inspire, coach, and motivate all members of the project team.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of delivery, including managing scope, budget, and plan strictly against contract.
- Ensure that projects are managed in accordance with the Project Delivery Methodology.
- Highly hands-on role, requiring Project Manager to manage projects and teams including business analysts, application configuration, product testing, software delivery, system installation and change management.
- Negotiate, manage and resolve technical scope items with customers.
- Identify and win potential incremental business with the client, by driving customer satisfaction quality levels and ensure best practice is achieved.
- Manage disputes with the client and internal teams/people and achieve win-win outcomes.
- Manage a successful transition from delivery into support and be responsible for system stability for the first 3 months after go-live.
- Build senior level client relationships across the client organisation.
- Lead business improvements initiatives within the services division to ensure customer retention.
What we are looking for in our next Project Manager:
- At least 3 years full time project management.
- Someone who as experience delivering BSS projects in the telecom’s domain.
- Able to demonstrate experience delivering project on time, budget, and quality.
- Have excellent communication skills so that you can manage disputes and achieve positive outcome.
- Familiarity with project planning and tracking tools such as MS Project.
- Line Management experience would be desirable or the willingness to learn how to effectively manage a team.
- Ability to travel internationally when needed.