The role of the Senior Migration Consultant (Senior Business Analyst) is to take responsibility for the overall technical module or work package being deployed for a customer, to mentor and guide other team members in delivering this solution, and to liaise with the relevant technical and management stakeholders to promote the solution.
You should have at least 8-10 years of experience working in a technical capacity in customer care and billing for telecoms, and be able to demonstrate experience in some (or preferably all) of the following areas:
- Capturing and understanding requirements during the transformation process and interpreting technical requirements and business needs into a solution. Conversely, interpreting solutions or designs back into business context.
- Identify and understand the integration & customisation points of the solution.
- Working with the Solution Architects and Migration/Cutover Managers to define the migration process
- Participating in reviews and providing input and supporting during development of migration plan
- Create a plan for data migration, configuration, testing & cutover and lead one or few of these areas.
- Investigating quality and readiness of the data for migration
- Provide technical direction and mentoring for project resources.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the industry and gain an understanding on how new and emerging technologies are being deployed by carriers.
- Having in-depth technical know-how of the system and attitude of getting hands dirty as and when needed
- Able to make training & management presentations.
- Take responsibility for project delivery
- Possess good communication and client facing skills
If you are the type of person we are looking for, you probably enjoy visiting new countries and working with new cultures. This is a central client-facing role, requiring an ability to guide the customer through the complex process of system change. The role requires an ability to mentor junior staff, work with global teams and communicate effectively with all internal & external stakeholders.
Competencies/capabilities – technical/professional
- Knowledge of CRM & Billing for prepaid & convergent systems
- Knowledge of BSS products and solutions
- Demonstrable experience as a technical lead on complex business transformation projects in telecommunications
- Experience of having worked throughout the project lifecycle
- Hands on experience with system configuration, data migration, third party integrations & e2e testing
- Requirement’s analysis and production of specifications
- Good understanding ETL process
- Should have good knowledge of SQL/PLSQL
- Oracle DBMS experience
- Unix/Linux operating system experience
- PL/SQL & Unix scripting will be added advantage
Competencies/capabilities – behavioural
- Knowledge of a programming language – C, Core Java, Python
- Should be quick learner, self-organised and a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel to customer locations when required
- Ability to multitask
- Able to mentor, delegate & review progression of tasks carried out by other members of the team
Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
Minimum of 2:1 in a technical subject