We are looking for an experienced Smallworld developer/Magik Programmer to join our Network Inventory team.
Key tasks include:
- Research and Development
- Development / enhancement of Smallworld Physical and Logical Network Inventory software.
- Development/ enhancement of Cerillion Network Inventory products, including netAssign (Lightpath), netWireless (Wireless Network Inventory), netCapacity (TCM) and netBusiness
- Magik programming, customisation of object oriented software.
- Intranet and Internet application development and debugging.
- GSS/Web service development and debugging
- Customer Project Implementation
- Liaising with Customers, consultants and support activities.
- Configuration and customization of products and packages to meet project requirements
- Data Migration
- User training
- System administration.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who enjoys working on product development and customer solutions to deliver real benefits to our customers.
Given that Cerillion’s head office is in the UK with a worldwide customer base, a willingness to travel internationally is essential.
We are seeking candidates who have a technical IT background and Computer Science Degree or equivalent. A knowledge of Magik, Java and other programming experience is required along with a minimum of 2 years’ experience of GE SW GIS.
Competencies/capabilities – technical/professional
- Knowledge and experience of Magik, Java, HTML and Java script
- Experience of Windows and Unix operating systems
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of GS SW GIS
Competencies/capabilities – behavioural
- Experience of PNI, LNI and telecoms domain
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Team working
- Creative and Innovative
Educated to degree level (or equivalent)