We are currently looking for an experienced Performance Tuning Consultant to participate in Cerillion systems design, development, and deliveries for optimal performance. The Cerillion Enterprise BSS/OSS provides an end-to-end CRM and Billing solution for our worldwide client base. This is a central technical consultant role within our delivery organization, requiring an ability to interface with project teams, solution architects and system analysts as well as various roles within the development organization, to plan and deliver the system performance capabilities.
A successful candidate will have relevant experience in enterprise software and databases performance fine tuning for achieving required speed of execution and load tolerance, and be able to demonstrate ability to carry out requirements analysis, produce technical specifications and consult the delivery teams and customers on various technical aspects of the solution performance. The role requires a high level of understanding of the application software and database communication patterns, as well as solid skills with database structures and queries optimization.
The technical tasks and responsibilities of the role fall broadly within the following:
- Implement a performance tuning phase in projects. Document, agree & maintain this process. Create a knowledgebase for performance tuning.
- Draft and maintain performance tuning guidelines documentation for delivery, support and operations teams to follow when implementing the applications as well as for followup maintenance and trouble free operations under increasing loads.
- Ensure performance tuning guidelines and checklists are followed and implemented as necessary for each client project implementation
- Assist performance testing activities and ensure successful acceptance from customers
- Become the key knowledge holder for performance in the delivery group.
- Take overall responsibility for performance on projects that are assigned to you.
- Document & agree performance targets internally and where applicable with the customer.
- Execute tests against the performance targets and analyse the results to implement or recommend improvements to meet the target.
- Make design recommendations during the software development process in order for the software for guaranteed performance at the required levels and interface with the development stakeholders to achieve desired targets.
- Carry out performance testing and tuning against our local environments and on customer site against the customer’s environments.
- Assist staff to address performance issues on projects.
- Train staff to build up performance analysis knowledge across the delivery group.
If you have a passion for technology and want to join an organisation working in a dynamic global environment, we can offer you a competitive package and opportunities to develop.
University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or another similar engineering or scientific degree
Personal characteristics and skills:
- Experience with database design and tuning for enterprise software applications
- Solid knowledge of software fundaments - operating systems, databases, computer networks and underlying physical or virtual infrastructure aspects, influencing application performance
- Deep expertise in Oracle database performance optimization and fine tuning of queries is required
- Experience with MySQL and SolidDB will be considered an advantage
- Requirements analysis and production of technical specifications
- Experience with Telecom BSS solutions will be considered an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Well organised and self-motivated