Leonardo Hodgson looks at the issue of resource management for subscription services and explains how Cerillion Skyline can help you maintain your physical and logical inventories.
Online businesses are constantly facing new challenges when selling, delivering or deploying products to meet the high level of expectation from the new generation of customers. Modern consumers are constantly expecting and demanding better products that are more affordable and available immediately.
The ever increasing level of complexity associated with products nowadays also contributes to the stack of challenges that a company has to deal with in order to provide a great customer experience from the start, particularly when a service depends on specific equipment or resources. For companies based on a subscription model, the task is even tougher since services need constant attention to ensure high levels of satisfaction in order to keep customers on-board and renewing their subscriptions.
For example, when subscribing to a home broadband service, the activation process usually involves the allocation of equipment like a modem or Wi-Fi router for each customer, with details such as serial number or MAC address needing to be recorded and used for provisioning and service management.
How can Cerillion Skyline help?
To help implementing a streamlined operation, Skyline’s integrated Inventory Management feature extends the subscription management capabilities into managing any related inventory resources. This allows you to keep track of additional service items associated with your subscriptions for any type of operation or service that requires capacity planning, stock control or service fulfilment capabilities. The solution was designed to support generic types of inventory that can be modelled to manage any logical or physical items as well as pre-defined entities such as SIM Cards and Access Numbers - usually employed for communications services.
Key benefits of Skyline Inventory Management include:
Key features include:
Easy to use inventory dashboard
- Full control and visibility of stock levels to ensure maximum utilisation of resources
- Capture and provide the information required to automate service provisioning and guarantee short service activation/delivery times
- Dynamic resource check during ordering process to ensure successful service fulfilment for each specific type of product
: Provides a quick summary view across all your resources, helping to immediately identify any excess, inactive or low stock inventory. You can sort, search, and filter all tables as well as perform stock updates individually or in batches.
Flexible inventory structure
: It is possible to support single or multiple attributes per inventory to match your business rules. Configure each field name, data type, length, mandatory flag and even privacy level to hide from unauthorised system users when required.
Easy stock replenishment:
There are multiple ways to add new items into inventory: you can manually add one by one; generate multiple sequential items by providing the first item and total quantity or upload in bulk via a .csv file; you can also manage and replenish the inventory via REST APIs.
: In the product catalogue
, each product can be configured to require one or more inventory items to be allocated during the ordering process, using either:
- Automatic allocation: Skyline will automatically allocate the next available inventory item without user intervention.
- Manual allocation: The agent is responsible for choosing and allocating an inventory item for the sale, selecting between:
- Manual entry: By scanning or typing the item’s key identification to find the item in the inventory. If found and available, the item is allocated and the sale can be completed.
- By choosing from a list of available items: The screen will present a list of items for the user to choose and progress the order.
- Add a new item: If enabled, this option allows the sales agent to add a new inventory record into the stock as part of a sale. This option is useful to record, for example, a ported telephone number that will be used to provision a communications service.
In addition, Skyline Inventory Management also provides the following administration features:
Find out more about Cerillion Skyline.
- Stock warnings via e-mail: Specify restock thresholds for each inventory and get automatic email notifications when stock is running low.
- Stock allocation to dealers: Create specific inventories to be assigned to your dealers, ensuring they can only sell items that have been assigned to them.
- CSV file support: Easily bulk import or export any inventory into .csv file format.
- Predefined inventories: The solution comes with pre-defined inventory types for managing SIM Cards and Access Numbers to support telco operations out-of-the-box.
- Full audit trail: The solution keeps a full history of changes to the inventory recording all stock updates and sales.