imagine is a dynamic mobile and fixed-line communications services provider (CSP) in Brunei, formerly known as Telekom Brunei Berhad (TelBru).
A strategic review of the telecoms sector in Brunei by Darussalam Assets (the owner of all telcos in Brunei) had resulted in the decision to create “structural separation” in the market, with the network infrastructure owned and operated by Unified National Networks Sdn Bhd (UNN) and imagine one of three retail service providers sharing equal access to the same network capabilities.
With the opportunity to complement its existing fixed line services with a new set of mobile and multi-service offerings, imagine set out a transformation strategy to replace all its legacy BSS systems with one end-to-end platform that would help it deliver new convergent services and a digital customer experience under its new brand.
Following an extensive selection process evaluating all the major BSS providers in the market, imagine chose Cerillion for its new Digital BSS due to the company’s reputation for success and strong customer references, as well as the functional breadth of the company’s Enterprise BSS/OSS suite. Key to the decision was Cerillion’s track record of rapid implementation projects, providing imagine with the confidence needed to deliver its mobile launch in very tight timescales.
As an established fixed line CSP rolling out a completely new mobile service, on-time implementation of the new Digital BSS solution would be critical for imagine
to meet its mobile launch plan and licence commitments.
Key BSS requirements for imagine
- Turnkey delivery of a Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) product with a proven track record of deployment in other telecoms operators around the world
- A convergent system to support mobile and fixed services on one platform, spanning prepaid and postpaid payment methods
- An end-to-end solution covering the complete order-to-cash lifecycle
- Digital first customer experience through online self-service and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Flexible parameter-driven product catalogue to enable the rapid launch of new products and multi-service bundles
- Carrier-grade performance and system availability
ResultsDelivered in just 20 weeks from contract to system go-live, including systems integration and comprehensive training of imagine’s staff, Cerillion implemented the Enterprise Product Catalogue, Convergent Charging System (CCS), CRM Plus, Service Manager, Revenue Manager, Output Streamer, Self Service and Mobile App from its pre-integrated product suite.
The new BSS platform has transformed imagine’s customer experience by driving strong digital engagement through the mobile app and self-service channels, as well as improving operational efficiency with less dependence on stores and kiosks. Customers can sign-up online, order new services, pay deposits and manage upgrades, as well as adding top-ups, viewing usage and making bill payments on the go via the mobile app.
Cerillion has enabled imagine to:
• Launch its new mobile service on time and on budget, meeting its licence commitments
• Become “digital-first” with more than 2.5 sessions per user per day on the mobile app
• Migrate existing fixed line customers onto the new platform and switch off legacy systems
• Start building out new convergent service bundles