Launching a new Wholesale Platform for fibre business collaboration
OpenNet is a wholesale telecoms business providing access to multiple fibre networks in Denmark through a dedicated wholesale platform. It was created to establish a broad collaboration between Service Providers and Infrastructure Owners throughout Denmark to open up and grow the Danish fibre market, with a clear goal that it will benefit all parties:
- Infrastructure Owners can increase the penetration / use of their fibre networks and thereby create increased income which can be used to expand their networks into more remote areas.
- Service Providers will be able to reach more customers by gaining increased coverage through access to multiple fibre networks.
- End Customers will benefit from an increased choice of Service Providers and fibre availability in more remote areas as the combined network coverage expands.
OpenNet has signed agreements with several major players in the market and is continuously expanding its collaboration.
Following an extensive evaluation process and consultative engagement, OpenNet chose Cerillion to build the wholesale platform based on its Enterprise BSS/OSS suite, including an open integration layer for Infrastructure Owners and Service Providers to access their services, and a comprehensive set of hosting and managed services.
As a start-up wholesale business, OpenNet needed to build out the necessary infrastructure and BSS/OSS to launch its services and start on-boarding new Infrastructure Owners and Service Providers.
Key BSS/OSS requirements for OpenNet included:
- Proven support for fibre infrastructure and services
- Multi-tenancy to enable all Infrastructure Owners and Service Providers to be managed on the same wholesale system with fully segregated data
- Comprehensive product catalogue for building new wholesale products and packages
- Open integration layer and APIs to create an efficient on-boarding process for new Infrastructure Owners and Service Providers