Multi-currency and multi-company billing for global MVNO
Truphone is the world’s first truly global wireless carrier, helping people and businesses around the world thrive. Founded in 2006, the company uses innovation to drive convenience up and costs down.
The company’s flagship Truphone SIM provides multiple international numbers and a single voicemail service all on one SIM – so keeping in touch is easier than ever before. There’s no need to carry multiple handsets or swap SIMs, as the Truphone SIM works in over 200 countries around the world. And in the Truphone Zone users can talk, text and download just like a local, at local rates. Users choose from a range of voice, data and text bundles that can work across teams in multiple countries, and contacts in the Zone can reach you on a number that’s local to them, wherever you are in the world.
Truphone is also a pioneer in the mobile VoIP space. It launched the first downloadable mobile VoIP app for Nokia in 2006 and has since been the first on the iPhone, iPod and iPad devices. The Truphone App offers a quick and easy way to stay in touch for less, including free calls and messages to other Truphone App users over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G, as well as reduced rates to other contacts. And the App displays how much a call will cost before you make the call.
Following a detailed and competitive tender process, Truphone selected Cerillion as the supplier for its new convergent CRM & Billing solution with the flexibility to help Truphone enter new markets quickly and efficiently.
Truphone’s unique multi-country MVNO business model means that great flexibility is required in its business support systems.
Key BSS requirements for Truphone included:
- “One system for the world” - multi-currency and multi-company in one database
- Support multi-IMSI technology allowing local calls and automatic switching to local numbers when travelling
- Single product catalogue to support multi-country business model
- Multi-language billing and customer services
- Management of complex enterprise accounts with sophisticated hierarchies
- Direct and indirect sales
- Fast time-to-market for new services
- Support fast rollout to new countries