Lobster is the only mobile operator in Spain to offer a service completely in English for British expatriates and other English speakers living in Spain - a market of over 1.5 million people. Lobster is the registered brand of Zinnia Telecomunicaciones, a Spanish company and part of the Gibtelecom Group.
Gibtelecom identified a clear opportunity to expand into the Spanish market by launching a no-nonsense Digital-first MVNO – a mobile service based on simplicity and understanding the customer so that they enjoy a service and experience "like home".
Having worked together closely in Gibraltar since 2013, Cerillion was the natural choice of BSS provider for Gibtelecom to launch its new Spanish MVNO on Cerillion’s Enterprise BSS/OSS platform.
Technology Director, Gibtelecom
As an established triple-play operator in Gibraltar expanding into Spain, Gibtelecom needed a trusted partner who could deliver a BSS solution that would fit with the Lobster brand values.
Key BSS requirements included:
- Digital-first customer experience using Self Service and Mobile Apps
- Comprehensive CRM solution for customers who prefer traditional customer service channels
- Easy to use product catalogue for creating customer bundles and promotions
- Support for flexible contract periods
- Number portability from other Spanish operators