Lobster is the only mobile operator in Spain to offer a service completely in English for British expatriates and other English speakers living in Spain - a market of over 1.5 million people. Lobster is the registered brand of Zinnia Telecomunicaciones, a Spanish company and part of the Gibtelecom Group.
Gibtelecom identified a clear opportunity to expand into the Spanish market by launching a no-nonsense Digital-first MVNO – a mobile service based on simplicity and understanding the customer so that they enjoy a service and experience "like home".
Having worked together closely in Gibraltar since 2013, Cerillion was the natural choice of BSS provider for Gibtelecom to launch its new Spanish MVNO on Cerillion’s Enterprise BSS/OSS platform.
“ Entry into the Spanish market is a key strategic move for Gibtelecom, and we identified a clear opportunity with the English-speaking community for a no-nonsense mobile service. ”
As an established triple-play operator in Gibraltar expanding into Spain, Gibtelecom needed a trusted partner who could deliver a BSS solution that would fit with the Lobster brand values.
Key BSS requirements included:
- Digital-first customer experience using Self Service and Mobile Apps
- Comprehensive CRM solution for customers who prefer traditional customer service channels
- Easy to use product catalogue for creating customer bundles and promotions
- Support for flexible contract periods
- Number portability from other Spanish operators
Lobster was launched in December 2018, making an immediate impact on the Spanish market with straightforward bundles starting from just €12 per month and a slick digital brand. Cerillion implemented it’s pre-integrated CRM & Billing solution, including the Self Service and native iOS / Android Mobile Apps.
As well as very competitive voice / SMS / data bundles, Lobster has really focused on its customer experience, with a range of options tailored to the needs of customers who may not live in Spain full time:
• Rolling monthly contracts provide the convenience of a mobile service but without the long-term commitment needed by traditional operators.
• "Roam Like At Home" - customers can enjoy the same services while in any country in the European Economic Area, at no additional cost
• Customers can “park” their service for up to 12 months whilst retaining their unused data and credit balances
“By working with Cerillion as our trusted partner we have been able to launch our new business with the minimum of fuss, in line with the Lobster DNA - English, easy and effortless.”
Jansen Reyes, Technology Director