The role of the Programme Manager is to take responsibility for managing projects and the staff required to implement them. As a senior member of the delivery division, the Programme Manager will be fully accountable for leading and driving the profit performance of the division, ensuring high levels of customer service and generally contributing to the overall strategy and thought leadership of the business.
You should have at least 8 years of experience working in a project or programme management capacity in customer care and billing for telecoms, and be able to demonstrate experience in some (or preferably all) the following areas:
- Ensure the successful delivery of fixed priced projects and implementations to time, specification and budget and ensure that they are of the highest quality.
- Resource, plan and oversee each delivery in your programme. Responsible for managing all aspects of delivery, including managing scope, budget and plan strictly against contract.
- Ensure that projects are managed in accordance with the Project Delivery Methodology.
- Ensure all billable staff are being utilised to the maximum level in your programme. Decide on the most appropriate sourcing strategy on a project by project basis i.e. onshore or offshore.
- Ensure project escalation channels are defined and set up from Project Manager – Programme Manager – Delivery Director.
- Work closely with the Account Management & Sales teams from a resource planning perspective for future project implementations to ensure the required and appropriate level of resource is available for the successful delivery of such projects.
- Supports the Sales team to respond to RFP’s and manage the transition of projects from sales into delivery.
- Support Account Managers to identify potential incremental business with the client and take action to formally pass the information on to the account sponsor and/or the account manager if one has been appointed.
- Manage a successful transition from delivery into support and be responsible for system stability for the first 3 months after go-live.
- Recruit, retain and manage the programme team, having Project Managers, Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Implementation Analysts, and Testers based in Miami.
- Inspire, coach and motivate all members of the programme to make a significant contribution to the business. Responsible for holding annual reviews with all direct reports within your programme.
- Drive customer satisfaction quality levels and ensure best practice is achieved within the services division. Lead business improvements initiatives within the services division to ensure customer retention.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent). Minimum of 2:1.