The role of the Solution Architect is to take responsibility for the overall technical solution being deployed for a customer, to mentor and guide other team members in delivering this solution, and to liaise with the relevant customer technical and management contacts to promote the solution.
You should have at least 8 years of experience working in a technical capacity in customer care and billing for telecoms, and be able to demonstrate experience in some (or preferably all) the following areas:
- Capturing and understanding requirements during the pre-sales stage and interpreting technical requirements and business needs into a solution. Conversely, interpreting solutions or designs back into business context.
- Identify and understand the integration & customisation points of the solution.
- Create a strategy for data migration, configuration, testing & cutover.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring for all project resources.
- During implementation and deployment to be part of the technical governance to ensure technical viability of any change control and monitor technical progress of the project to support timescales and financials.
- Support a number of concurrent customer projects providing a balanced assignment to each project – working simultaneously in pre and post-sales situations.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the industry and gain an understanding on how new and emerging technologies are being deployed by carriers.
- Able to make senior management presentations.
- Able to identify possible sales opportunities and to make a business case for their initiation
If you are the type of person we are looking for, you probably enjoy visiting new countries and working with new cultures. This is a central client-facing role, requiring an ability to guide the customer through the complex process of system change. The role requires an ability to mentor staff and delegate & review technical tasks that are carried out by them.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent). Minimum of 2:1 in a technical subject.