Digital BSS: Contract to launch in 20 weeks
imagine is a dynamic mobile and fixed-line communications services provider (CSP) in Brunei, formerly known as Telekom Brunei Berhad (TelBru).
A strategic review of the telecoms sector in Brunei by Darussalam Assets (the owner of all telcos in Brunei) had resulted in the decision to create “structural separation” in the market, with the network infrastructure owned and operated by Unified National Networks Sdn Bhd (UNN) and imagine one of three retail service providers sharing equal access to the same network capabilities.
With the opportunity to complement its existing fixed line services with a new set of mobile and multi-service offerings, imagine set out a transformation strategy to replace all its legacy BSS systems with one end-to-end platform that would help it deliver new convergent services and a digital customer experience under its new brand.
Following an extensive selection process evaluating all the major BSS providers in the market, imagine chose Cerillion for its new Digital BSS due to the company’s reputation for success and strong customer references, as well as the functional breadth of the company’s Enterprise BSS/OSS suite. Key to the decision was Cerillion’s track record of rapid implementation projects, providing imagine with the confidence needed to deliver its mobile launch in very tight timescales.
As an established fixed line CSP rolling out a completely new mobile service, on-time implementation of the new Digital BSS solution would be critical for imagine to meet its mobile launch plan and licence commitments.
Key BSS requirements for imagine included:
- Turnkey delivery of a Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) product with a proven track record of deployment in other telecoms operators around the world
- A convergent system to support mobile and fixed services on one platform, spanning prepaid and postpaid payment methods
- An end-to-end solution covering the complete order-to-cash lifecycle
- Digital first customer experience through online self-service and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Flexible parameter-driven product catalogue to enable the rapid launch of new products and multi-service bundles
- Carrier-grade performance and system availability